• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Quit claim deed - HELP

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

R40

What is the name of your state? Nevada

My husband and I are going to buy an house in Nevada but the mortgage company told him that I have to sign a "quitclaim deed" in which I renounce to all the rights, titles on that property forever in favour of him!!!

I am italian citizen and right now still here in my country waiting for my immigrant visa. The mortgage company explained us that this document has to be signed by me only because I am still living in my country so once I'll be there, my husband will sign another document to added me again at the property. Is that possible? Even if the loan will be given to my husband only? I am upset with that and I want to be sure that it is really possible to revoke it and be both owners of that house! I am worried that if something happens to my husband, the mortgage company will be able to take away my house and I will not have any rights on it because I previously signed that quit claim. Every information will be very appreciated, thanks a lot in advance to all of you.

S

seniorjudge

R40 said:
What is the name of your state? Nevada

My husband and I are going to buy an house in Nevada but the mortgage company told him that I have to sign a "quitclaim deed" in which I renounce to all the rights, titles on that property forever in favour of him!!!

I am italian citizen and right now still here in my country waiting for my immigrant visa. The mortgage company explained us that this document has to be signed by me only because I am still living in my country so once I'll be there, my husband will sign another document to added me again at the property. Is that possible? Even if the loan will be given to my husband only? I am upset with that and I want to be sure that it is really possible to revoke it and be both owners of that house! I am worried that if something happens to my husband, the mortgage company will be able to take away my house and I will not have any rights on it because I previously signed that quit claim. Every information will be very appreciated, thanks a lot in advance to all of you.
Q: The mortgage company explained us that this document has to be signed by me only because I am still living in my country so once I'll be there, my husband will sign another document to added me again at the property. Is that possible?

A: Yes; when you get to this country, your husband can deed to you and him.

Q: Even if the loan will be given to my husband only?

A: Yes.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">