• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Quit Claim Deed/Homestead Exemption

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

katecody

What is the name of your state? Fl

I'm not sure I am in the right Forum but we'll start here and hope for the best.

Little background: The home is owned 50% by my mother and 50% by my brother. My brother lives in the home and is currently eligible for 50% of the Fl. homestead exemption per the current laws. (Quit Claim Deed is set up so that each party can distribute their half as they wish to upon death)

Is there a way to word the Quit Claim deed in order to obtain the full homestead exemption and each party still be able to have his half of the home distributed the way they want? My brother would like his half to go to his children. My mother wants her half to go to the rest of her children.

I would not think a doing a will would supercede the quit claim deed.

Any Ideas??

Appreciate any and all help I can get!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">