• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Quit Claim Deed Needed???

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

blueyes7363

What is the name of your state? What is the name of your state? Florida

My fiance and I will be married in October 2002 and he would like to have me put on the deed to his home (still mortgaged) either before or after we are married in order to protect me should anything (God forbid) happen to him. I have been told that we need to file a Quit Claim deed. Is this correct and should we do this before or after we are married - or does it matter???

HomeGuru

blueyes7363 said:
What is the name of your state? What is the name of your state? Florida

My fiance and I will be married in October 2002 and he would like to have me put on the deed to his home (still mortgaged) either before or after we are married in order to protect me should anything (God forbid) happen to him. I have been told that we need to file a Quit Claim deed. Is this correct

**A: yes.

and should we do this before or after we are married - or does it matter???
**A: it does not matter.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">