• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

QUIT CLAIM DEED, urgent advice needed please

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jayde

What is the name of your state? new mexico
My father recently died. He lived in what I thought was my grandmothers house.I don't know if there was a will, but I have now been sent an QuitClaim deed from an aunt. Does this mean that I have claim to part of the house or could there be another reason for me being sent this deed? I was only sent part of the quitclaim deed and the part i recieved says the my brother and I are soul heirs to my father for consideration paid to my aunt.. Advice urgently needed.

Last edited:

BelizeBreeze

jayde said:
What is the name of your state? new mexico
My father died recently died. He lived in what I thought was my grandmothers house.I don't know if there was a will, but I have now been sent an Quit Claim deed from an aunt. Does this mean that I have claim to part of the house or could there be another reason for me being sent this deed? I was only sent part of the deed and the part i recieved says the my brother and I are soul heirs to my father for consideration paid to my aunt.. Advice urgently needed.
Hold the ded and your father's will up to the monitor. We'll read it and advise.

jayde

?

I'm not sure that will help very much. I am desperate for advice as I am being pressured to sign the deed. I don't know if I should.

Moonshadow

jayde said:
I'm not sure that will help very much. I am desperate for advice as I am being pressured to sign the deed. I don't know if I should.
Never sign anything under "pressure". Talk to a lawyer.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
jayde said:
Look unless we can read the will and deed we can't help you. We dont know if the deed is from you to her or from her to you and whether or not she even has any say so at all in the property and is just trying to scam you. Get to an attorney.

jayde

I have been ringing around and there is NO will. The only part of the deed that i recived was the part I sign. She(my aunt) has sent the deed to me to sign all my claim over to her. There has been no indication that I even owned part of the house. If I am being asked to sign this does it mean then that I do own part of the house, along with my brother? I don't know anything about Quitclaim deeds......

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
I have been ringing around and there is NO will. The only part of the deed that i recived was the part I sign. She(my aunt) has sent the deed to me to sign all my claim over to her. There has been no indication that I even owned part of the house. If I am being asked to sign this does it mean then that I do own part of the house, along with my brother? I don't know anything about Quitclaim deeds......
And we don't know if you own the house or not. you might. You might not. If your father owned it and he died intestate then you would inherit it maybe but we can't answer you. You dont have nearly enough information and unless we get the information we need you can't get the correct answer. YOU NEED TO GO TO AN ATTORNEY WITH THE DEED and any other information you know about.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">