• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Quit Claim/Loophole??

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Hueford

I live in Florida...

If an ex spouse signs a quit claim form, can she come back with leagal representative (loophole??) and make me sell my house? I read that she has no rights to occupy the property or sell it. I have been consistently a month behind but always make the payment before it gets to 60 days. It's been a struggle last few years... Can she actually make me sell my home?

justalayman

if she signed a quite claim deeding all her interest to you, she no longer has any claim of ownership to the property.

I take it there is mortgage with both of you being signatory. If so, she was foolish to execute a quit claim relinquishing her interest to anybody.

she can't make you sell it but she can make your life difficult since you are sullying her credit report

and you thought you got rid of her in the divorce. Ha!!

LdiJ

I live in Florida...

If an ex spouse signs a quit claim form, can she come back with leagal representative (loophole??) and make me sell my house? I read that she has no rights to occupy the property or sell it. I have been consistently a month behind but always make the payment before it gets to 60 days. It's been a struggle last few years... Can she actually make me sell my home?
She cannot make you sell, but she can take you back to court and attempt to convince the judge to make you sell. Its really in your best interest to try to find a way to get caught up. If you cannot, then you might honesty be better off selling and downsizing.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">