• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Quite Title and liens

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Rob L

What is the name of your state? Illinois
Quite Title and liens

During divorce proceedings '04, my now ex-wife's attorney obtained judgement against her for unpaid attorneys fees. He placed a lien on the property.Her name was on the title at the time. In final divorce, I received the house and recorded the Quit Claim Deed. Also in the final divorce decree, she was instructed to indemnify me for this specific debt and specifically named the attorney and the lien. Soon after the divorce was final my ex-wife filed for Chapter 7 bankruptcy and named the attorney as one of her creditors and the debt was discharged but he still has a lien on the house.

How can I go about clearing the title? The deed is was created as tenancy in its entirety.

Thanks for the help!! RobWhat is the name of your state?

HomeGuru

Rob L said:
What is the name of your state? Illinois
Quite Title and liens

During divorce proceedings '04, my now ex-wife's attorney obtained judgement against her for unpaid attorneys fees. He placed a lien on the property.Her name was on the title at the time. In final divorce, I received the house and recorded the Quit Claim Deed. Also in the final divorce decree, she was instructed to indemnify me for this specific debt and specifically named the attorney and the lien. Soon after the divorce was final my ex-wife filed for Chapter 7 bankruptcy and named the attorney as one of her creditors and the debt was discharged but he still has a lien on the house.

How can I go about clearing the title? The deed is was created as tenancy in its entirety.

Thanks for the help!! RobWhat is the name of your state?
**A: you clear title by paying the lien off.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">