• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

R.E. LICENSE DENIAL... :( Need to appeal.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

octrom

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? CALIFORNIA

Hello everyone!

I'm as new as they come to this forum but am appreciating all the great advice. However, it seems as though my subject is quite unique...

In 1999, I passed the real estate principles course, applied for the R.E. exam, passed the exam, submitted the application and the $700 fee to the CA dept of R.E., and was denied my license due to my past criminal history which included a conviction for passport fraud in 1989-90 and various other smaller offenses, but the fraud being the prominent case that, I believe, was the reason for my denial.

I was told that I could appeal... I didn't. I just gave up on trying and left the profession.

Now, 6 years later, I'm back in the profession and hoping to try for a license again.

Knowing that I'll probably get denied again, I hope I could get a few questions answered:

1. Is it possible to get a restricted license?
2. If so, what rules usually apply to a person with a restricted license?
3. I'm working to stay afloat right now... If I need legal assistance, is there a cheaper route I can take than paying retainer to some attorney and getting gouged for the little money I currently make.
4. Would anyone out there like to help me on this in a pro-bono status with promise to pay when my pipeline starts filling and cash starts to flow?

Please let me know...

seniorjudge

Would anyone out there like to help me on this in a pro-bono status with promise to pay when my pipeline starts filling and cash starts to flow?

What is your collateral?

octrom

As I stated... My word

seniorjudge said:
Would anyone out there like to help me on this in a pro-bono status with promise to pay when my pipeline starts filling and cash starts to flow?

What is your collateral?
As I stated... a promise. However, if it takes more, tell me how much or what you'd want.

I believe in honor and loyalty to friends and family. By helping me with this, you would be helping me to better my life... Something I would consider a friendly jesture... and for that, I would do whatever it takes to do what I can to return the favor or pay for it. Whichever you desire. THAT, and my car are the biggest assets I have. Other than that, a promising job with a mortgage co. in which I am a JR. Loan officer.

Let me know.

Last edited:

realtor_hubbie

The likelihood that the DRE will grant you a license when you have multiple offenses, including a federal felony on your record, is very slim. I think you are being unrealistic to think some office worker in Sacramento is going to put his/her career on the line by approving your app.

I'd suggest a back-up plan for your career.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">