• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

ramifications of neighbor cutting my field

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

R

rhouston

What is the name of your state? New York

My Neighbor came to me and asked if he could cut the grass in the field that is located across from his house but is on my property (no dispute about ownership). I told him he may, other than insurance issues is there any way that his cutting the grass will give him any type of claim to this peice of land ?? say 10 or 20 years from now ? my wife and my mother say watch out

if it does would paying him an yearly sum of $1 make a difference?

HomeGuru

rhouston said:
What is the name of your state? New York

My Neighbor came to me and asked if he could cut the grass in the field that is located across from his house but is on my property (no dispute about ownership). I told him he may, other than insurance issues is there any way that his cutting the grass will give him any type of claim to this peice of land ?? say 10 or 20 years from now ? my wife and my mother say watch out

if it does would paying him an yearly sum of $1 make a difference?
**A: I do not see a problem as long as you both agree that it is your property. For more info search your state statutes real property laws adverse possession.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">