• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Raw Deal

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jaylovestarr

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
I am from Elizabeth nj and back in june I was about to purchase a lot for $75,000 dollars in West Milford NJ. I put down $25,000 dollars and the man selling it told me I had 3 mths. to decide if I wanted the lot or not well thinking about it that same mth. I told him that I wanted my money back and could not purchase the lot at this time. He gave me a story about not having the money and that he would get it to me soon. I have been calling him and trying to get him to return my money but so far nothing has happened. I have the deed to the property and that is it. My friends husband introduced this man to me and so far he is the one I have been speaking with. I want to know what I can do to get my money or for him to just give me the property for the $25,000 if he doesn't have my money. We never signed anything but I do have 2 witnesses to everything that he told me and I gave him a certified check from my bank. I don't know if I should get a lawyer and sue him for lawyer fees, court costs and my money? I just want this matter resolved.

Could someone please help!! :confused:What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

divgradcurl

I am from Elizabeth nj and back in june I was about to purchase a lot for $75,000 dollars in West Milford NJ. I put down $25,000 dollars and the man selling it told me I had 3 mths. to decide if I wanted the lot or not well thinking about it that same mth.
Was any of this in writing? It's not clear from your post.

I have the deed to the property and that is it.
He signed over the deed to you? Is that correct?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">