• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

re-financing

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

F

Freddie

freddie,
i started re-financing in october. i was supposed to lock in a intrest rate of 6.25% the first week of november. due to there lack of speed in working on my case, a second credit report was obtained with problems that were not on the first report. as a result, i ended up with an 8.25 percent rate and still am waiting to close. is there anything i can do about this situation?

vrzirn

NO!!! See my post this forum 12/13 and response by Home Guru.
My loan finally approved but much higher because of 3 1/2 wk delay beyond lock time expiration. I yelled and screamed and they came down 1/2pt so 3/8 higher than original lock. I don't see how they ever got to over 8% on your loanwhen avg. about 7 1/4. (Possible typo error?)Try some yelling and screaming at VP level. You are at their mercy.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">