• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

RE: Withholding Security Deposit-Lengthy!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

smiley

Thanks sooo much for the advice!! Extremely helpful information! Love this site!
I have a couple more questions regarding same subject. Do I have to send a copy of the pictures to the ex-tenants before they take legal action? The demand letter for the security deposit tells me to call them within the next 10 days @(home #) so that we may reach a solution that is mutually agreeable or they'll have to resort to legal action. Do you think I should call them (call their bluff if you will)? Or should I not respond at all and just wait to see how far they'll go with this?
I don't plan on calling them or responding at all. I don't feel the need to "make a deal" with them. They left the place a complete mess and they're being charged for it - period.
What would you do in this situation?

S

smiley

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by smiley:
Thanks sooo much for the advice!! Extremely helpful information! Love this site!
I have a couple more questions regarding same subject. Do I have to send a copy of the pictures to the ex-tenants before they take legal action? The demand letter for the security deposit tells me to call them within the next 10 days @(home #) so that we may reach a solution that is mutually agreeable or they'll have to resort to legal action. Do you think I should call them (call their bluff if you will)? Or should I not respond at all and just wait to see how far they'll go with this?
I don't plan on calling them or responding at all. I don't feel the need to "make a deal" with them. They left the place a complete mess and they're being charged for it - period.
What would you do in this situation?
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Oh yah, I live in California. I read somewhere that you have to make sure the person you sue in court or are being sued by have copies of the evidence you provide. If this is true I'll send the copies certified mail. Just need to know to 'cover my butt' if you will.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">