• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Real Estate

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

cmp9654

Do I have a case against realitor?

What is the name of your state? What is the name of your state? pa - do i have a case against my real estate company? After my realitor sold my home he told me of a home that was coming on the market by an agent within his company. He told me it was going to list at about $162,000.00, and that this was a very good deal. After we went to see it and liked it he said he made a mistake, it was really selling for $183,000.00, and someone else was also interested. If we wanted it we would have to offer more money. Both realitors in the office had told us of the $162,000.00 but it was not in writing just verbal. Out of desperation to find a home we agreed to pay $185,900.00 Now that we have moved in we have found that no home in the area has been sold for near this price. It seems like the two realitors conspired to make this sale, as well as make a larger commission. Do I have a case against the realitor?

Last edited:

HomeGuru

Re: Do I have a case against realitor?

cmp9654 said:
What is the name of your state? What is the name of your state? pa - do i have a case against my real estate company? After my realitor sold my home he told me of a home that was coming on the market by an agent within his company. He told me it was going to list at about $162,000.00, and that this was a very good deal. After we went to see it and liked it he said he made a mistake, it was really selling for $183,000.00, and someone else was also interested. If we wanted it we would have to offer more money. Both realitors in the office had told us of the $162,000.00 but it was not in writing just verbal. Out of desperation to find a home we agreed to pay $185,900.00 Now that we have moved in we have found that no home in the area has been sold for near this price. It seems like the two realitors conspired to make this sale, as well as make a larger commission. Do I have a case against the realitor?
**A: what was your mortgage loan appraisal value compared to your purchase price?

C

cmp9654

I thought the appraisal would come in lower....but in came in at the same as the sale price....I also thought that was strange because nothing has sold for close to this price. The house is 117 years old and was aslo in need of repairs.

HomeGuru

cmp9654 said:
I thought the appraisal would come in lower....but in came in at the same as the sale price....I also thought that was strange because nothing has sold for close to this price. The house is 117 years old and was aslo in need of repairs.
**A: so what is the big deal here? You paid appraisal value for the property and were not taken advantage of.
Unless the appraisal was fraudulent, you have absolutely no claims.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">