• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

real estate

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

tgearhart

What is the name of your state? Michigan
My husband and I bought a house from a business. Now they are saying that they own the trees on our property. Can they do that? They have no contract saying that. At first they quitclaimed the property to us. Then we refinanced to get a lower percent, we went through a title company. Wouldn't they have said if there was a lien on the property for the trees? Thanks.

HomeGuru

tgearhart said:
What is the name of your state? Michigan
My husband and I bought a house from a business. Now they are saying that they own the trees on our property. Can they do that? They have no contract saying that. At first they quitclaimed the property to us. Then we refinanced to get a lower percent, we went through a title company. Wouldn't they have said if there was a lien on the property for the trees? Thanks.

**A: read your deed and legal description to see if the Grantor reserved any rights such as mineral, oil, gas, water, timber etc.

T

tgearhart

I live in Michigan. I looked at the quit claim deed. It didn't say anything about right to timber. Can they still sue us for the trees? There was five trees that were sold to another person. We agree to that but no others. The contract ran out on the five trees. Do we have to honor that? Thanks.

HomeGuru

tgearhart said:
I live in Michigan. I looked at the quit claim deed. It didn't say anything about right to timber. Can they still sue us for the trees? There was five trees that were sold to another person. We agree to that but no others. The contract ran out on the five trees. Do we have to honor that? Thanks.

**A: have an attorney review those docs mentioned in my previous post.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">