• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

real estate

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

i had bought a 2 flat in oct 99 and in jan 00 i recieved a letter from the city of chicago building inspector that the building i bought had 25 violations with out them entering the building.which means the person i had bought it from knew of the violations and also the appraiser did not even come out to the building i had found out later and took a fee of 450.00 dollars! iwould like to know if there is anything i could do to the people involved? i am also 2 months behind in my mortgage payments because of the loss of time on the job and late fees.

HomeGuru

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by [email protected]:
i had bought a 2 flat in oct 99 and in jan 00 i recieved a letter from the city of chicago building inspector that the building i bought had 25 violations with out them entering the building.which means the person i had bought it from knew of the violations and also the appraiser did not even come out to the building i had found out later and took a fee of 450.00 dollars! iwould like to know if there is anything i could do to the people involved? i am also 2 months behind in my mortgage payments because of the loss of time on the job and late fees.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Absent a home inspection, you have to direct your claims against the real estate appraiser and the Seller. The Seller would be liable for nondisclosure of material facts and the appraiser liable for a defective appraisal report. Review the seller disclosure statement, all records from the Building Dept. ie, previous citations, permit/code violations etc. and the real estate appraisal report. A standard appraisal report is required to have certain components, one of them being color photos of the interior of the property. Your lender is required to give you a copy of the appraisal report upon written request.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">