• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

real estate

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

jelder

My friend and I bought a property. Duplex mentioned before. Yes the property went through escrow and I have the Hud One for it that shows 2 deposits into escrow. Property sold and I still waiting for my half. I did not go on title at the time. He stated my funds are coming but I have yet to see a dime.

------------------

HomeGuru

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by jelder:
My friend and I bought a property. Duplex mentioned before. Yes the property went through escrow and I have the Hud One for it that shows 2 deposits into escrow. Property sold and I still waiting for my half. I did not go on title at the time. He stated my funds are coming but I have yet to see a dime.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

If you were not on title, no wonder escrow did not give you a check. Escrow did not know you were an owner. Escrow does a title search when a file is opened and makes sure that the seller is authorized to sell as property owner and upon closing the check is payable to the owner(s) of record. Your friend, if still that, should have notified you at the time of closing and given you your share.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">