• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

real estate

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

flowerchild46

What is the name of your state? Missouri
I live in an area of Table Rock Lake that allows only single family housing as permitted by our covenants. We now have a builder that is building condominiums within the perimeters of the single family area. My question is what can be done to stop the building or preventing further condos from being built in this area?

flowerchild46

Condos

I probably need to explain our situation a little more fully for you to understand. We are extremely rural which means we only have covenants governing this area. As far as our home owners association can determine no building permits are required and we have almost all of us have built homes here without having to acquire a permit. When a building is erected the only approval one has to get is from the DNR regarding sewer and water hook ups and electric hook up is allowed after the water systems are in place. The association was never notified of any meeting. This gentleman bought several lots with knowledge that covenants were already in place but maintains they do not apply to him, therefore, does not feel constrained to abide by them.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">