• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

real estate

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

rdaniels

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Florida

I bought a home 5 years ago here in Apopka Florida.
I had a real estate agent who took me to a listed home with another agency. The listing stated it was a 3 bedroom/2bath home. I got a mortgage and received clear title to the property.

I lost my job and have decided to move back to NY. Upon contacting a realtor to list my home, she discovered that an addition was built on the home by the previous owner and he did not get the proper permits or inspections. So the town did not know of the added square footage or added bath. This was not disclosed to me.

Now I can Not list my home. How could this happen, how could the previous owner get away with not diclosing this and yet he was able to list the property. Shouldn't the listing agent have known this. Now I am really stuck, with no job and not a house to sell. Who do I go after to rectify this?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

JETX

Who do I go after to rectify this?
It is unlikely that you would have any action against the seller and even less against the sellers agent. If you want to spend $10k or more trying to pursue them, go ahead.
Your best bet is to bring the property into 'code', get the proper paperwork and sell the property.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">