• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Real Estate

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

jdeleon

My Great-Grandfather bought some property in Texas and my Grandfather co-signed. After my Great-Grandfather passed away. My aunt ,with help of a lawyer, sold some of the property without my grandfathers signature or permission. Can we obtain that land back? Was the selling illegal?

Last edited:

HomeGuru

jdeleon said:
My Great-Grandfather bought some property in Texas and my Grandfather co-signed. After my Great-Grandfather passed away. My aunt ,with help of a lawyer, sold some of the property without my grandfathers signature or permission. Can we obtain that land back? Was the selling illegal?
My response: I don't know since you have not specified what exactly was co-signed.
If so-signing was done on the mortgage and note that is diiferent from a co-signature recieving a Uit Claim Deed as Grantee.

J

J. Ducaine

at least sue your aunt for the proceeds she received, on your grandfathers behalf.

HomeGuru

J. Ducaine said:
at least sue your aunt for the proceeds she received, on your grandfathers behalf.
My response: yet another premature guess. There is no way to tell if the slae was illegal without first reviewing certain documents such as the tile report, contracts etc. Was greatgranfather the only title holder? If so, the property may have then be subject to Probate. If grandfather only co-signed mortgages and was not on title, his signature was not needed to sell the properties. Without title, mortgage, estate and probate confirmation and foundation, it is impossible to determine if the Aunt's sales were illegal.

Furthermore, you state sue your aunt on your grandfathers behalf. One cannot merely sue on another's behalf. If grandfather was indeed on title to those properties sold, he must sue and be the Plaintiff in litigation.

J

J. Ducaine

people like you just want to complicate life. if you at least send someone in the correct direction, they'll figure out how to do this. I can sue anyone, on anyonw elses behalf through assignment, alternate representation, and then some.

J

jdeleon

Abtract of title

HomeGuru,

I obtained the Abstract of title for the properties and the last owners stated were my great garandfather and grandfather. So the new people that live there are not on the title. COuld that be a fluke or sold illegally.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">