• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Real Estate Agent???

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

rk23aa

Is it common or appropriate for your agent to contact the lender you are working with to check up on your loan?

I told my agent I am approved and everything is good to go, then I get an email from my lender replying back to my agent who wrote her and didn't attach me on the email asking what is the status of the loan? She replied back and attached me.

Seems more like he is making sure he will get his commission.

HomeGuru

Is it common or appropriate for your agent to contact the lender you are working with to check up on your loan?

I told my agent I am approved and everything is good to go, then I get an email from my lender replying back to my agent who wrote her and didn't attach me on the email asking what is the status of the loan? She replied back and attached me.

Seems more like he is making sure he will get his commission.
**A: yes it is common especially in this day and age.

PghREA

Wow, someone is complaining about an agent actually doing some work for them! Yes, it is common. There is a lot of mundane paperwork type stuff involved in the purchase of a home which the agent will need to do - but, there is no sense in doing it until the loan is approved. Sounds like your agent is trying to make this purchase go smoothly for you.

FlyingRon

The agent wants to make sure the sale happens. Good for your agent that she is taking an active interest. I've been involved in sales where the opposite was true.

CraigFL

...Seems more like he is making sure he will get his commission.
This is probably true but a lot of sales fall through on this first major contingency in a sales offer/contract. Sometimes buyers get remorse and don't actively pursue the financing because they get "buyers remorse" -- Ask me how I know...

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">