• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Real estate agent disregarding a 72 hour contingency clause of a purchase agreement

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

tnorth

My significant other recently signed a purchase agreement for the sale of his house.
Included in this purchase agreement was a 72 hour contingency clause stating that the real estate agent was to continue showing the house to prospective buyers and should any other buyers make an offer on the property(prior to the scheduled closing date) the original buyer has 72 hours to come up with the money or they would be out of the deal. However, we have discovered, through phone calls by friends inquiring about this property that the real estate agency is immediately stating the property is sold. No additional information is being provided. Do we have any recourse regarding this misrepresentation?? Wondering in Minnesota.

T

Tracey

Have your attorney write them a letter stating that you'll sue them for the price you would have gotten if they do not continue showing the house & presenting offers to you up until closing. It's to the agent's advantage -- the higher the price, the higher the commission.

------------------
This is not legal advice and you are not my client. Double check everything with your own attorney and your state's laws. [email protected] - please include some facts so I know who you are!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">