• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Real Estate Attorneys

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

JonT

What is the name of your state? Washington

It is a general 'rule of thumb' that all posters be advised to hire a Real Estate Attorney, for most instances.

What services is a Real Estate Attorney expected to provide for the seller/buyer?

Thanks, JonT

HomeGuru

JonT said:
What is the name of your state? Washington

It is a general 'rule of thumb' that all posters be advised to hire a Real Estate Attorney, for most instances.

**A: no, only instances where legal counsel is needed. There are many posts that ask questions such as, "what is joint tenancy, how does a quit claim deed work, where can I find out about partition etc." In these cases, they do not need an attorney.
What services is a Real Estate Attorney expected to provide for the seller/buyer?

Thanks, JonT

**A: whatever the Seller or Buyer client contracts services for. It may be as simple as just a one time review of the contract or the attorney may be brought in from the begining to help write the contract and be there as a legal advisor all the way until closing reviewing all documents such as the survey, title report, building and zoning information, inspection reports, disclosure statement etc.

J

JonT

Thanks HG,
Glad I asked. For some reason I was under the impression that I could leave this decision up to an Attorney to realize my needs and offer the help needed. Apparently I will need to 'ask' for whatever services I wish for them to perform.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">