• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Real Estate Broker took my deposit and wont answer my calls

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

supersabra

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Missouri

I looked at an apartment on 10/18/2008 and gave the Real Estate broker a $200 deposit in cash. He wrote the $200 on the application and we signed it. He was supposed to give me a copy of the application and a receipt on Monday when he was back in the office. I called him Monday and he told me that he was headed to Chicago at the moment and I should call him Wednesday when he was supposed to be back in Saint Louis. Wednesday came and I called him. He then told me that he was still in Chicago and he should be returning Thursday and that I should call him then. Thursday came and I called him. He answered the phone and told me that he was STILL in Chicago, that I should call him Friday. Friday came and I called only for him to tell me he was STILL in Chicago and that he would not know what time he would be leaving until noon. I called back at noon as we had discussed and he did not answer. I tried later in the day closer to 5pm and still no answer. Today is Saturday the 25th and I tried to call him at 11:45 and after one ring he hung up on me. I tried again about 15 minutes later and he is simply not answering my calls. I still have no receipt and he could have easily shredded that application. I do have the ATM withdrawl slip, but I am not sure how much good that will do. What can I do? Where do I go from here? Help!

S DuffineyWhat is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

HomeGuru

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Missouri

I looked at an apartment on 10/18/2008 and gave the Real Estate broker a $200 deposit in cash. He wrote the $200 on the application and we signed it. He was supposed to give me a copy of the application and a receipt on Monday when he was back in the office. I called him Monday and he told me that he was headed to Chicago at the moment and I should call him Wednesday when he was supposed to be back in Saint Louis. Wednesday came and I called him. He then told me that he was still in Chicago and he should be returning Thursday and that I should call him then. Thursday came and I called him. He answered the phone and told me that he was STILL in Chicago, that I should call him Friday. Friday came and I called only for him to tell me he was STILL in Chicago and that he would not know what time he would be leaving until noon. I called back at noon as we had discussed and he did not answer. I tried later in the day closer to 5pm and still no answer. Today is Saturday the 25th and I tried to call him at 11:45 and after one ring he hung up on me. I tried again about 15 minutes later and he is simply not answering my calls. I still have no receipt and he could have easily shredded that application. I do have the ATM withdrawl slip, but I am not sure how much good that will do. What can I do? Where do I go from here? Help!

S DuffineyWhat is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
**A: if this pertains to a rental then post on the L/T forum.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">