• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Real Estate Evaluation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

starving030

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Ohio, Trumbull County

I bought a bank owned home in Nov 2012. On 6 May 2012 the septic system was inspected and failed because there was no power, I didn't own it yet. I just received a letter(certified mail) from the health department today, 27 March 2015, stating that I am in violation of Section 3718.011 (A)/(B) of the Ohio revised code. They are asking for a lot of documents like copy of the property deed, floor plans, septic replacement permit application, plumbing permit application along with pumping the septic tank and digging up certain sections around the system. They also require that I use one of their companies that are registered with them to do the work.

I am a bit confused. There was no power to the home so the system failed. Wouldn't the most logical solution be to ask me to turn the power on and then reinspect the system? Because after I bought the house I turned the power on anyways so they can inspect it any time they want to. I think they are upset because it took them over two years to realize they forgot about it.

I'm not sure how to respond because I don't think I should spend all this money if it just needs reinspected. Should I submit a reinspect request? Should I point out that it's their bad for not doing their job for two+ years and it's seems kinda to late? I don't know. I just don't feel like digging up my yard and paying for permits because they dropped the ball. Maybe there is some kind of to little to late grandfather clause type thing I don't know about.

Anyhow, any advice would help. Thanks

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">