• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Real Estate in Nevada

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

MGarner

What is the name of your state? Nevada

The house that I live in is in 2 people's names. One owner still lives there and the people who live in the house and him pay the mortgage on the house. The other person has not lived there for at least 4 months and has not paid any of the mortgage. She refuses to sign her name of of the note as it has been attempted to relinquish her from the house. They are related (brother and sister). Their other brother was asked to leave after an incident on the 4th of July. He has kept his horses on the property, but has not paid the owner any rent for the boarding of the horses or any money for the water usage for the horses. The sister whose name is on the note believes they can use the water and the property because her name is still on the note. She belives she still has rights to the house and property. Is this correct? She has not paid any of the mortgage or bills in over 3 months. He has not paid to board the horses for over a month. Does anyone have any advice or know the laws for this in the State of Nevada? :confused:

HomeGuru

MGarner said:
What is the name of your state? Nevada

The house that I live in is in 2 people's names. One owner still lives there and the people who live in the house and him pay the mortgage on the house. The other person has not lived there for at least 4 months and has not paid any of the mortgage. She refuses to sign her name of of the note as it has been attempted to relinquish her from the house. They are related (brother and sister). Their other brother was asked to leave after an incident on the 4th of July. He has kept his horses on the property, but has not paid the owner any rent for the boarding of the horses or any money for the water usage for the horses. The sister whose name is on the note believes they can use the water and the property because her name is still on the note. She belives she still has rights to the house and property. Is this correct?

**A: if she is still a titleholder on the deed, yes, she has legal rights as the property owner.

She has not paid any of the mortgage or bills in over 3 months. He has not paid to board the horses for over a month. Does anyone have any advice or know the laws for this in the State of Nevada?

**A: it is up to the other owner(s) to then sue to collect back payments and stipulate that future payments will be made.

M

MGarner

Does she have any rights to say whether or not the horses can stay on the property or let them use the water? She is not living there and has not paid rent. Can we legally ask them to remove the horses and not use our water even if she says the horses can stay and they can use the water?

HomeGuru

MGarner said:
Does she have any rights to say whether or not the horses can stay on the property or let them use the water?

**A: Did you not understand my response?
Yes, she has rights as the property owner. And she can say yes or no to the horses and the water.

She is not living there and has not paid rent.

**A: so what. Not living there and not paying rent does not change her property ownership rights one iota.

Can we legally ask them to remove the horses and not use our water even if she says the horses can stay and they can use the water?

**A: what is your position in this anyway? It appears that you do not even have ownership in the property and are merely a complaining tenant.
If you are paying for the water and want the horses removed, you can sue her for reimbursement of water expenses and removal of horses in Small Claims Court. Otherwise as a non-property owner, you have no say unless your written lease agreement gives you full rights over the entire horse property.

Last edited:
M

MGarner

My boyfriend is the owner. I was just trying to help him out!!!! Your answers just seemed a bit confusing to me and I wanted to clarify them for myself. We didn't know what the law was as far as anything went. I do pay a portion of the bills and the mortgage.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">