• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

real estate partner

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

Jodi Lang

I live in Los Angeles and bought a triplex with a friend. We own 50/50 , and have no contract or agreement written down on paper . We are not agreeing or getting along he wants to buy my share from me but does not want to give me fair market value. He wants to go by appraisals only . The appraisal is around 100thousand dollars lower than the market will bear. I feel the fair thing to do is put the property on the market, sell and both leave. he is refusing, he wants to stay. I refuse not to get fair market price, . Can he sue me?? Can I force a sale?? Do we need a lawyer??? We both want to disolve this and move on but how do we come to a fair resolution??:confused:

C

catherinem

real estate partner deal

You can possibly get a court order to sell a house if 2 people do not agree on selling.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">