• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

real estate problems

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

E

EPIPHANY

New York, My parents purchased a house in 1995
when they purchased the house the seller held 20,000 as a secong mortgage because the money they had was not enough to purchase the house. They were making regular payments until we fell on hard times. In the mean time the house has fell apart.
with in the first year the roof had to be repaired and the water heater had to be replaced. Other major problems have occured such as ceiling caving in and the kitchen floor is almost gone and the basement ceiling has caved in. We recently got an inspector to come in and he also discovered major problems with the house. With the electrical which the sellers did not disclose and with the plumbing (lead Pipes), flooding of the basement when it rains heard there are so many problem that the inspector estimated the cost of the repairs for almost 50,000.00! Which my parents could never afford. When my parents first looked at the house questions were asked such as
"Why is the kitchen floor so bouncy?"
seller replied "We just had that redone"
that was a awful lie. what legal action can they take to resolve this matter:mad:

HomeGuru

There are a lot of issues and questions here ie. did the Sellers provide a disclosure staement, did the Buyers get a home inspection and a public records check (zoning and building codes, etc.), was a professional hired at the time of purchase to verify what the Seller stated, what was done when each and every defect was discovered, were the damages mitigated, was the Seller contacted, why wait 6-7 years to take action (is it because the second mortgage is coming due?), how come a real estate attorney was not contacted years ago.......

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">