• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Real Estate Violation of City Codes

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

pelongarcia

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Illinois
HI I had a question? My husband and I bought a house in Berwyn Illinois 10 years ago and He decided to Finish our basement adding a kitchen and bath. Also he finished our attick adding a bathroom but he never got permits. My husband and I have now seperated and I live in the house and He left. My sister found herself in a situation and had no were to go because she was evicted I allowed her to stay in my basement for 1 month and because she had issues with her ex-landlord he reported that she was living in my basement so the inspectors came out and inspected the house so they sent me to court because I did not pull permits to add a kitchen, bathroom to my basement and I also got a violation because I did not have a permit to add a bathroom to my attick. I went to the hearing on Oct. 23, 2008 and they told me that I had to get a permit to Deconvert for my basement Kitchen, basement bathroom and attick bathroom. I will also have a large fine after work has been completed I am supposed to have this done by Dec 18, 2008 they told me that if the deconvert were not done by this date I would get a $ 800.00 ticket plus $ 800.00 fine per day until done. I had my sister move out but the problem for me is that I done have any money to have someone come and do the work for me I am a seperated mother with 4 children and only working a part-time job. My house is getting ready to foreclose because I cant afford to pay for my mortgage. If I dont do the repairs and cant afford to pay the fines What could they do to me in this case. My house is getting ready to foreclose I have no money I work a part-time job because I had a health condition I have Rheumathoid Arthritis and I am struggling to keep my part-time job because of my health issues and I do have 4 children ages 15, 13, 12, and a 7 year old. I have debt issues beacuse I cant even afford to pay for my credit cards. My husband and I are both listed as the home-owners and my husband is no longer in the house because he left. So i need some advice on what I should do. If any one could help in giving me some free advice on what steps I should take I would really appreciated it. Thank you

HomeGuru

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Illinois
HI I had a question? My husband and I bought a house in Berwyn Illinois 10 years ago and He decided to Finish our basement adding a kitchen and bath. Also he finished our attick adding a bathroom but he never got permits. My husband and I have now seperated and I live in the house and He left. My sister found herself in a situation and had no were to go because she was evicted I allowed her to stay in my basement for 1 month and because she had issues with her ex-landlord he reported that she was living in my basement so the inspectors came out and inspected the house so they sent me to court because I did not pull permits to add a kitchen, bathroom to my basement and I also got a violation because I did not have a permit to add a bathroom to my attick. I went to the hearing on Oct. 23, 2008 and they told me that I had to get a permit to Deconvert for my basement Kitchen, basement bathroom and attick bathroom. I will also have a large fine after work has been completed I am supposed to have this done by Dec 18, 2008 they told me that if the deconvert were not done by this date I would get a $ 800.00 ticket plus $ 800.00 fine per day until done. I had my sister move out but the problem for me is that I done have any money to have someone come and do the work for me I am a seperated mother with 4 children and only working a part-time job. My house is getting ready to foreclose because I cant afford to pay for my mortgage. If I dont do the repairs and cant afford to pay the fines What could they do to me in this case. My house is getting ready to foreclose I have no money I work a part-time job because I had a health condition I have Rheumathoid Arthritis and I am struggling to keep my part-time job because of my health issues and I do have 4 children ages 15, 13, 12, and a 7 year old. I have debt issues beacuse I cant even afford to pay for my credit cards. My husband and I are both listed as the home-owners and my husband is no longer in the house because he left. So i need some advice on what I should do. If any one could help in giving me some free advice on what steps I should take I would really appreciated it. Thank you

**A: you need to talk to a bankruptcy attorney.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">