• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

realestate-easement rights

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

I

i dunner

about 6 months ago con edison placed a generator in front of our town house which is part of a home owners association town house. they do have an easement right to do this but they did not ask us and there could be other places to put this generator. they put several generators throughout the complex but non are placed so directly in front of the house. given the small house it is truely an eye sour. it makes noise and i believe it will reduce the price of the house significantly when we try to sell it. also i have children making this a real worry. do i have any recourse. either through a negligence suit or to try to get money for damages. please advise. i feel this is just plane wrong even though they do have an easement right they could put it somewhere else.

HomeGuru

Since they have a lawful easement you have no recourse. Have them prove in writing that there is no environmental hazards.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">