• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Realtor sold land not belonging to him.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

alzgal

I live in Alabama. I bought 5 acres of land 6 years ago. The realtor that sold me the land financed it for me. I paid $6,000.00 for the land and financed it for 10 years. At the end of my loan period, the realtor said I had to pay two more years on it.
I researched the land and found that the realtor doesn't have a clear deed to the land, because it did not belong to him.
I found out who has the deed, but I have paid $12,000.00 with finance charges on this land and now he wants $2,400.00 more.
I spoke with an attorney in my town, but he says the realtor is within his rights. Is this true, and do I have enough to either sue for the money I have paid on the land to be returned or to get the deed?
I have all the receipts where I have paid on the land.
Thank you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">