• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

recreational easement

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

P

plwatson

We own a property that fronts a 6 acre pond which is fronted by properties owned by 4 others. This pond also has recreational easements deeded to about 50 other close property owners. The deeded easement specifies it to be recreational and allow access 10ft from the shorline.

How can I find out the definition of what California has determined "recreational easement: to include/exclude?

P

plwatson

The specific situation is primarily fishing, however there is no association or formal rules in place, so we have had everything form illegal fireworks to unattended camp fires and overnight camping, dirt bike riding, cars driving around the pond etc - since there is currently no gate on the access a lot of this activity - at least 90% is by people who have no right to be there. The reason I am asking is I am working on putting together an association and am interested if there is any precedence as to what a 10foot easement would include. Since there are people who's homes and property are on the pond I would think that they would be able to have some say as to what is acceptable activity... since it impacts their daily lives. Hope that's the info you needed... also I would expect that 10 ft would not allow driving vehicles, and over night camping...

HomeGuru

Forget CA definition and have the HOA define the specifc uses to limit the recklessness. The problem that you have is trespassers so call the cops each time there is a problem. Have an attorney help you with the HOA formation.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">