• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Refi - escrow waiver fee

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Q

quake9680

We'll be closing a refinance loan in 3 days and tomorrow I'll be contacting the title co. to obtain the total cash due at closing. We'd like to waive the use of an escrow impound account and I was told (verbally) that there is usually a .250 pt charge (or equal rate increase) for this. I've noticed a few other lenders charge this (included in good faith estimates) but since I haven't noticed any mention of this in our loan docs - I was wondering if I should question this fee?

btw: location - MI, loan-to-value < 80%, spotless credit

HomeGuru

quake9680 said:
We'll be closing a refinance loan in 3 days and tomorrow I'll be contacting the title co. to obtain the total cash due at closing. We'd like to waive the use of an escrow impound account and I was told (verbally) that there is usually a .250 pt charge (or equal rate increase) for this. I've noticed a few other lenders charge this (included in good faith estimates) but since I haven't noticed any mention of this in our loan docs - I was wondering if I should question this fee?

btw: location - MI, loan-to-value < 80%, spotless credit
**A: you should be posing your question to the lender. The escrow impound account has nothing to do with your credit or the L/V.
The lender could require the account to insure payment of insurance, real property taxes etc. as part of the loan committment.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">