• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

refused occupancy after signing lease on lot

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

R

Rod Brooks

after signing a lease for a lot in a mobile home park, i am being refused occupancy.
Ive already purchased a home that is currently set up on this lot.
I have paid one full months lot rent plus same as a deposit.
The lease was signed by myself, my spouse, and the landlord. Now the landlord says i cant move in because the seller of the home owes her lot rent.
Can i be denied occupancy of this lot because of a conflict with the seller of the home and the landlord, even after the landlord has signed and agreed to the terms of her own lease.

HomeGuru

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Rod Brooks:

after signing a lease for a lot in a mobile home park, i am being refused occupancy.
Ive already purchased a home that is currently set up on this lot.
I have paid one full months lot rent plus same as a deposit.
The lease was signed by myself, my spouse, and the landlord. Now the landlord says i cant move in because the seller of the home owes her lot rent.
Can i be denied occupancy of this lot because of a conflict with the seller of the home and the landlord, even after the landlord has signed and agreed to the terms of her own lease.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I am not privy to the language in the purchase and lease contracts but at first blush I would say that the back rent issue is between the landowner and the former tenant (your Seller).

T

Tracey

Point out to L that that lease requires her to deliver possession. If she doesn't, you get to live in a hotel on her nickle until she delivers. You living in the mobile won't hurt her suit against the last tenant. In fact, if she doesn't allow you to move in, she can't collect any rent from the last tenant for the time during which your lease was in effect.

You can also sue her for breach of lease & maybe wrongful eviction (and get 2-3 months rent as damages).

------------------
This is not legal advice and you are not my client. Double check everything with your own attorney and your state's laws. [email protected] - please include some facts so I know who you are!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">