• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

removal of easement for right of way

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

G

GregoryAYoung

I have a piece of property adjacent to what we would call a bad neighbor. There is a right of way established in the deed for passing to the rear of their property. They do have access on their own property, but they do not use it. The neighbor is now claiming that the right of way is his property and has continually harassed visitors and tenants to my property that use it. To top it all off, his farm animals are constantly jumping the fence and defacateing on my property. In the winter, he has the right of way plowed and moves the snow onto my property. My question is how do I get the right of way easement removed?
I live in the state of Maine, in the county of Oxford.
Thank you for any help.
Gregory Young Sr.

HomeGuru

First you must establish who owns the property that constitues the right of way. Look at your title reprot and survey.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">