• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Removal of Modular Home from my land

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Tim745

What is the name of your state? WV
I recently recieved a tax deed on a piece of property which has a modular home on it that belongs to the former owners parents. They do not live there any longer but I believe it still has personal property in it. I have no claim to the modular home because the parents still pay the personal property tax on the modular home. I have offered to buy the home but they will not sell it. I want to go to court to have them evicted, but fear the judge might rule that since the home was there before I recieved my tax deed, he will give them lifetime rights to keep the house on the land.

S

seniorjudge

Tim745 said:
I want to go to court to have them evicted, but fear the judge might rule that since the home was there before I recieved my tax deed, he will give them lifetime rights to keep the house on the land.
I am not sure how trespassing on real estate ever ripens into lifetime rights, but you will have to go to court to get them kicked off. Get a lawyer.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">