• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Removal of someone else's property on my land

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

H

haley_m

What is the name of your state? GA

We purchased a piece of property approximately three years ago. A neighbor of the property had a shed and other items on our property when we purchased it. At the time, (in the interest of harmony and the fact that the shed would fall to pieces if moved, we did not demand removal of it.) Now, we are now planning on building on the property and have asked the neighbor (nicely I might add) to please remove the shed. However, he has made no attempt to do so. What are our legal rights concerning this? What do we need to do?

JETX

"What are our legal rights concerning this?"
*** You have the right to demand removal of his items from YOUR property.

"What do we need to do?"
*** Start by sending him a very nice letter (certified RRR) asking him to remove his property within 10 days from reciept. Include that if he doesn't make arrangements to have it removed, it will be deemed abandoned and disposed of without recourse. Also, since Georgia has some 'strange' laws as to unclaimed or abandoned property (§44-12-190, et seq), I would suggest you also contact the states unclaimed property office. Their information can be found at:
http://www2.state.ga.us/departments/dor/ptd/ucp/

Last edited:
H

hexeliebe

Oh boy, another "Can we get his crap out of here" post :D:D:D

Don't worry Jet, I'm out of suggestions on these ;)

H

haley_m

We had a survey done approximately three years ago when we purchased the property.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">