• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Remove from mortgage with quit claim

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

hcaudell

Ohio, my wife and I are divorced, filed chapter 13 bankruptcy and I quit claimed the home over to her. Now she is telling me that I will be removed from the Mortgage. Can she do this without my permission?:confused: Its states in the separation argreement that I would get the home if she was to default on the mortgage, well that has happen and now she is panicking obout be getting the home back.

Please help

LindaP777

Do you actually want to be on a mortgage, but not the deed???
You would be financially responsible, but have no interest in the property.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
It's a bit late now anyway...our OP no longer has any interest in the property.

hcaudell

I want to take over the mortgage becasue she is currently in default of mortgage as stated in separation agreement, but she has told me that I wopuld be removed from mortgage

dmiller12

Very confusing why you would quite claim deed your ownership interest in the home to her if you had intended on getting it back if she defaulted. The mortgage does not give you an ownership interest in the home. The deed does and you signed that away already. Did you have an attorney draft the separation agreement?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">