• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Removing roommate from house

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

bglose

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? CO

Hello,

I am the owner of a house in Denver. A year ago, as a favor, I allowed an acquaintance to move into my house (in which I also reside) when he was evicted from his apartment for aggresive behavior towards other tenants. At the time we verbally agreed on a rent (we never entered into a formal written lease).

Now this same person has started to behave aggresively towards myself including screaming, verbal personal attacks etc.

I need to remove him from the house for my own safety and sanity.

How much notice do I need to allow him before I ask him to leave him and is there a specific document that I should deliver to him notifying him of this terrmination of our verbal month to month lease?

Thanks

HomeGuru

bglose said:
What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? CO

Hello,

I am the owner of a house in Denver. A year ago, as a favor, I allowed an acquaintance to move into my house (in which I also reside) when he was evicted from his apartment for aggresive behavior towards other tenants. At the time we verbally agreed on a rent (we never entered into a formal written lease).

Now this same person has started to behave aggresively towards myself including screaming, verbal personal attacks etc.

I need to remove him from the house for my own safety and sanity.

How much notice do I need to allow him before I ask him to leave him and is there a specific document that I should deliver to him notifying him of this terrmination of our verbal month to month lease?

Thanks
**A: since you are a landlord, you need to read and follow the CO L/T law.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">