• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Removing someone from my home!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mzmeganm

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? OHIO
:( I purchased a home with my boyfriend 10 months ago we are now going our seperate ways but he wont leave the home. I have 3 children from a previous relationship none of them are his. I can not lose my childrens home I have paid the mortgage every month out of my checking account thru auto deduct. Honestly I have paid all the bills and can prove it. How do I get him out? He refuses to help pay but wont leave because he co-signed for the mortgage. :confused: Please help meWhat is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

JETX

I can not lose my childrens home I have paid the mortgage every month out of my checking account thru auto deduct.
Are you claiming that not ONE CENT of his money went to the mortgage payments (such as he deposited to your account, or paid other bills in lieu of your paying mortgage, etc.)??
How can you prove it?? Simply you having signed checks doesn't prove anything.
Can he prove that he did make payments??

How do I get him out?
You will have to get a court order to remove him. First step is to treat him as if he is a TENANT and following your state landlord-tenant laws as to written notice.

He refuses to help pay but wont leave because he co-signed for the mortgage.
Okay... now THAT causes a problem. Mortgages don't have 'co-pays'. Is his name ON the mortgage?? Did he sign the mortgage application, as a borrower??
Also, is his name on the title/deed to the property??

Isn't it fun when supposedly adult persons with bills and obligation decide to 'play house'???

mzmeganm

Yes he is on everything Yes I can prove I paid everything through bank statements. He is supposed to be grown! I have become a prisoner in my own home!

JETX

Yes he is on everything
Then your only recourse is a partition lawsuit.

partition
n. a lawsuit which one co-owner of real property can file to get a court order requiring the sale of the property and division of the profits, or division of the land between the co-owners, which is often a practical impossibility. Normally, a partition order provides for an appraisal of the total property, which sets the price for one of the parties to buy out the other's half. Partition cases are common when co-owners differ on whether to sell, keep or divide the property.

HomeGuru

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? OHIO
:( I purchased a home with my boyfriend 10 months ago we are now going our seperate ways but he wont leave the home. I have 3 children from a previous relationship none of them are his. I can not lose my childrens home I have paid the mortgage every month out of my checking account thru auto deduct. Honestly I have paid all the bills and can prove it. How do I get him out? He refuses to help pay but wont leave because he co-signed for the mortgage. :confused: Please help meWhat is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
**A: is he on title to the property?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">