• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

rent increase

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

bradley1ab

I'm from Massachusetts. I'm a disabled veteran, collect SSDI, and attending college. I live in a building for low income and disabled persons that is with the
Department of Housing and Urban Development
(HUD). Recently, my Veterans Compensation was changed over to Nonservice Connected Disability. This meant that I got a monetary increase from the veterans. Because of this increase in disabilty money, my rent was increased. Is this legal?

P

peter

Yes most of the HUD buildings the rent is based as a percentge of your income, more income more rent... usually its 30%

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by bradley1ab:
I'm from Massachusetts. I'm a disabled veteran, collect SSDI, and attending college. I live in a building for low income and disabled persons that is with the
Department of Housing and Urban Development
(HUD). Recently, my Veterans Compensation was changed over to Nonservice Connected Disability. This meant that I got a monetary increase from the veterans. Because of this increase in disabilty money, my rent was increased. Is this legal?
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">