• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Rent Increase

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

CinD141

The house that I am living in has been sold to a new owner, a corporation. Is there A specific amount that my rent can be raised at one time? I live in CT. New Haven. At the moment I pay 400 dollars can it be raised to 650 all at once? Been living here for 12 years. Is there also a specific amount of time you are allowed to move out,to get another apt.? Can he make me leave in 30 days?

P

peter

The answer is YES AND YES if you dont have a lease, and NO and NO if you do.

The new landlord cannot kick you out or raise the rent until the lease expires..PERIOD!

So with NO LEASE i guess you will have to be out of the apartment by Oct 1st or pay the higher rent.

-----------------

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by CinD141:
The house that I am living in has been sold to a new owner, a corporation. Is there A specific amount that my rent can be raised at one time? I live in CT. New Haven. At the moment I pay 400 dollars can it be raised to 650 all at once? Been living here for 12 years. Is there also a specific amount of time you are allowed to move out,to get another apt.? Can he make me leave in 30 days?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">