• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Rental agreement

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

boys4

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? CALIFORNIA,

i'VE SIGNED A RENTAL AGREEMENT TO MOVE INTO A HOUSE ON 11/01/08, BUT NOW FIND THAT I HAVE TO WAIT UNTIL THE 15, THE OWNER DOES NOT WANT TO LET ME ADJUST THE DATE AND WANTS THE 1ST MONTHS RENT ON THE 1ST. SHE ALREADY HAS CASHED MY DEPOSIT CHECK. AM I BOUND TO THIS AGREEMENT AND CAN SHE KEEP MY DEPOSIT.

FarmerJ

Use of all capped letters is considered yelling in internet forums. Exactly why are you not able to move in until the 15th ? If it has nothing to do with the landlord and the unit will be empty on the first then there is no valid reason for your LL to move the date on the lease.

HomeGuru

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? CALIFORNIA,

i'VE SIGNED A RENTAL AGREEMENT TO MOVE INTO A HOUSE ON 11/01/08, BUT NOW FIND THAT I HAVE TO WAIT UNTIL THE 15, THE OWNER DOES NOT WANT TO LET ME ADJUST THE DATE AND WANTS THE 1ST MONTHS RENT ON THE 1ST. SHE ALREADY HAS CASHED MY DEPOSIT CHECK. AM I BOUND TO THIS AGREEMENT AND CAN SHE KEEP MY DEPOSIT.
**A: you must pay the rent on the agreed upon date. who cares when you move in. You can move in on Nov. 15, 25 or even in Dec. But rent is due Nov 1.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">