• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

rental contract

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

annettefiala

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Nevada

I have short term rental property located in Vegas. I had a "guest" who inquired about leasing one of my properties. We agreed upon the rental price and I sent him a contract. He was traveling and wasn't able to pay the deposit right away but wanted to secure the property so he finally put the deposit on a Credit Card. He was going to fax in the contract at a more convenient time. 3 months pass and he decides he wants to cancel his reservation. My contract states that between the 30 and 60 day period, he would only be entitled to a 50% "CREDIT" towards a future rental. I was offering him full CREDIT towards a future rental, but he wants his deposit back claiming he never signed the contract. Local legal counsel states that when he paid the deposit, he's agreeing to the "terms of the rental agreement." When he paid the deposit, I took the property OFF the availability calendar. I am unable to lease the property out on the short notice since the request for cancellation.

What are my options...besides court? Is there a case or law that states the fact that once payment is received, he's agreed to the terms of the contract?

Thanks-AnnetteWhat is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">