• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

rental deposit

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

ctodd10642

landlord tenant

:mad:
Florida
I have a couple of questions about landlord / tenant issues. This was the first house i had moved into that i had put a deposit (775.00) up so i have no idea how it all works on getting it back my question is what should i do about getting it back. I moved out on nov 30 and i tape recorded the house inside and out. well i called on the 28 and told them i already moved everything out what do we do? a walk through or something on no by law she says we have 30 days to get back with you and have your money if any is left over to give it to you but usually it doesn't take her that long so i said ok well what about the key and she says just put it in the mailbox outside the office and i said okay well on nov 30 (friday) i put the key in the mailbox and i didn't hear anything until today supposply this is what is wrong with the house

they are charging me

100.00 for venitian blinds that are warped and kept falling down every since the day i moved in

150.00 for cleaning the appliances for in which the only appliances there are is refrigerator , stove and dishwater that never worked and was never used

500.00 for hauling away trash and car parts and for the siding on the house that is warped propaly from weather or just being old ( they say its from a fire preferbly a grill ) cleaning out the ditch etc

75.00 for cutting the lawn ( 1st of all begining of dec grass doesn't need cutting 2nd backyard full of branches and sticks from the landlord cutting down pine tree)

25.00 for oven burners

200.00 for hole in screen porch (notifited back in august of 2000 of the hole from when the landlord entered into my home with no one there that the hole was there when i moved into the premises)

85.00 for cleaning carpet and pet deodizer didn't even have pets only for a couple weeks back in dec of 2000 because of rat infestation proplem in the home ( but i cleaned the carpets myself before leaving the premises)

Plus many other things that it adds up to about 1100 dollars and now they want me to pay them 410.00 please help should i threaten them with my tape or should i not say anything .what about the proper housing authority what can they do about my proplem or should i just start in small claims court please help!!!

another question is what about the disputing it within 15 days what should it say just i dispute the charges against me or what please help

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">