• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Rental in NC

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

I

indistress

I contracted for a property w/an indoor pool for a week in Nov in NC. The rental agency advised me that they could not honor the contract because of a computer glitch that overlooked a prior reservation for the same property. I agreed to work w/them to find a suitable alternative, which I did. Because no other indoor pools are available, I selected a house with a mini theater. (We're having a 10-year family reunion and my sister has also committed to a property from another realtor. Family is coming from 5 states and Mexico and we have planned this for 2 years to get exactly what we want.) The realtor refuses to substitute the selected property because it costs more. I said that I therefore expect them to honor their contract for the original house. Who is right?

HomeGuru

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by indistress:
I contracted for a property w/an indoor pool for a week in Nov in NC. The rental agency advised me that they could not honor the contract because of a computer glitch that overlooked a prior reservation for the same property. I agreed to work w/them to find a suitable alternative, which I did. Because no other indoor pools are available, I selected a house with a mini theater. (We're having a 10-year family reunion and my sister has also committed to a property from another realtor. Family is coming from 5 states and Mexico and we have planned this for 2 years to get exactly what we want.) The realtor refuses to substitute the selected property because it costs more. I said that I therefore expect them to honor their contract for the original house. Who is right? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You are of course, but you either need to force the issue now, agree to pay the higher amount or find another property through another Realtor.

I

indistress

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by HomeGuru:
You are of course, but you either need to force the issue now, agree to pay the higher amount or find another property through another Realtor. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thank you for confirming my suspicions. Can you advise me how to "force the issue"?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">