• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Rental property

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

Trentchuck

I own a condo in Ca. My rental agent has let a tenent stay for $1000 for the month of Feb. The rental agency know that the amount should have been $1600. They let this tenent stay without my auth. Do they owe me the $600 I am losing?

T

Trentchuck

Landlord rights

Does anybody know what law states that if a Rental agency rents your property for less than it was suppose to rent for without the owners knowledge the rental agency may owe the owners the differance. This is a Ca. condo. (Palm Springs)

JETX

I doubt that you will find any specific statutes for your situation.

What does your management agreement say about their liability in this case?? If nothing, then you need to include some provision in your next management agreement.

What does your agreement say about cancellation?
Cancel it as soon as possible and get another agent (including the provision above).

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">