• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Renter all washed up.....

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

babyblues

My husband and I just recently moved into apartments. We have a 12 month lease. The lease states we are responsible for all minor maintenence. We now have new neighbors above us, and now the drains in our laundry room flood the floor. They had a plumber come and look at it, but all he did was run a snake, and plugged it off and told us we had to negotiate a washing schedule with our neighbors. Now I may not be a genius, but if I pay my rent and only have to fix minor problems, isn't the landlord liable for fixing the plumbing? They do not seem to be worried about it, and I am getting extremely angry! What are my rights as a tenant, and what can I do? Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Washed up in KY.

We also do not have renter's insurance.

Also, our landlord goes through a realty company, as her leasing agents.

HomeGuru

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by babyblues:
My husband and I just recently moved into apartments. We have a 12 month lease. The lease states we are responsible for all minor maintenence. We now have new neighbors above us, and now the drains in our laundry room flood the floor. They had a plumber come and look at it, but all he did was run a snake, and plugged it off and told us we had to negotiate a washing schedule with our neighbors. Now I may not be a genius, but if I pay my rent and only have to fix minor problems, isn't the landlord liable for fixing the plumbing? They do not seem to be worried about it, and I am getting extremely angry! What are my rights as a tenant, and what can I do? Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Washed up in KY.

We also do not have renter's insurance.

Also, our landlord goes through a realty company, as her leasing agents.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

L is responsible to correct the problem. Send a certified letter that the problem must be corrected or you will not be paying your rent. Read the applicable L/T laws that apply so you can quote the law verbatim in your letter.

B

babyblues

Thank you homeguru for the advice. We are looking into it.
babyblues...

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">