• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Renting Laws

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

Balaka Dass

Is there a law in the state of Indiana that if a renter wants out of his lease before expiry of the lease period for the purpose of buying a home (first time homeowner), he does not have to pay any penalty for breaking the lease? I cannot afford expensive legal fees and I do not want to break any law on purpose, so I will greatly appreciate it if you can give me a suitable advice.

L

loudrich

No but if you are a nice guy and the landlord is a nice guy....he would be happy to see you buy a home, and would let you out of a lease, you may lose the security, cause he may not be able to rent it the next day or two after you leave.

But then again the landlord might be a scumb*g!

------------------------------------------

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Balaka Dass:
Is there a law in the state of Indiana that if a renter wants out of his lease before expiry of the lease period for the purpose of buying a home (first time homeowner), he does not have to pay any penalty for breaking the lease? I cannot afford expensive legal fees and I do not want to break any law on purpose, so I will greatly appreciate it if you can give me a suitable advice.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">