• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

residential rights

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

P

phyllis rhodes

What is the name of your state? What is the name of your state? West Virginia.
For 30 years I have lived next to a 100-year-old family cemetery. My street has gradually been rezoned to commercial and the cemetery was purchased from 5th generation heirs by a developer. The cemetery has been excavated to about 20 ft and the resulting drop-off is about 4 ft from my foundation. The city has required a retaining wall and a privacy fence to protect my property. The developer did not plan this and has taken about four months erecting the wall which fell down once and is now at several different levels. I am boxed in by an orange plastic construction fence and I cannot access that side of my home to have the air conditioner serviced and I have to carry my yard tools and mower through the living room to reach my front yard. Since I am the only remaining single family home left, I do not appear to have any rights. Is there any legal means available to persuade the developer to complete the wall and the fence so that I can regain some privacy and get on with my life?

HomeGuru

Hire an atotnrey and sue for fast completion of the wall or for the developer to provide you safe access to your yard by way of a temporary construction walkway per OSHA standards.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">