• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

residents' rights

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

mjgreene

This is actually more of an environmental/ natural resources problem but i don't see that topic offered. Our small town (500) is considering a "deer cull" even though hunting is not allowed in town. Supposedly the town can get a special permit from the DNR to allow it. How do homeowners/residents stop this action. How do we protect ourselves from property damage, injuries, etc....thx

HomeGuru

If hunting is not allowed then you and other residents protest and file complaints against the town, DNR etc..
I forwarded your post to the North Pole and Rudolph and the other reindeer are not happy about this at all.

J

Jack Mevorach, Esq.

If you want to stop them, you'll need a court order. Same answer if you want to restrict the manner in which it's done.

M

mjgreene

well, yes, that seems pretty obvious. I thought perhaps i could get some "specific free legal advice". You know, something for nothing. The town and DNR have been inundated by complaints with no result. A court action was filed once against the town because no firearms are allowed to be discharged in town. The town simply struck down that ordinance. When you complain, try to bring suit against a state agency (the DNR), it doesn't go to the "regular" legal system. It goes through a different route; a commision/panel which is actually made up of "higher" DNR official that hear the case........I was hoping someone out there would be familiar with this and know how to get around this kind of thing.

HomeGuru

Read the disclaimer on this website.
Where does it say that you can get specific free legal advice?
You are confusing 2 different complaints. One is an in-house complaint within the DNR system and the other is a court complaint within the State judicial system. The there is also the Federal Court System, legislators etc.
I have done this kind of thing before.
Now my response to you is to hire an attorney.

Signed,
Trustee for the Estate of Bambi

J

Jack Mevorach, Esq.

Equally obvious is the fact that nothing I could write here will result in the issuance of the court order you seek.

Consult a local attorney.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">