• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

RESPA LAWS, & MRTG CO. BREAKING THEM

• Thread starter Michelyn Caldwell
  • Start date

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

Michelyn Caldwell

we refinanced our home May 99. Our mortgage co. failed to pay our property taxes. Never sent us a annual escrow annalisis, our home owners insruances was cancelled due to non payment by the mrtg co. Which they never even said a word to us. No letters or calls regarding us not having home owners ins. We refinanced our home as of 12/29/00 We had to come up with the money to pay closing cost due to the tax's not being paid. That would include the interest and fee's. I have already contacted the DFI and they said they cannot help. because, A broker did all the work, so therefore it is concidered a wholesale mrtg. I did request and receive a detailed history of our payments and according to what my records show (ei. Canceled checks)Funds missing $515. in mrtg payments, $ 470.08 that was allocated to be sent for the tax's on closing in 1999, and $500.+ I paid that went for the property tax penelties & fee's. That the mortgage co said they would credit and never did.

I don't have the money to retain a lawer, but I have been told I have a good consumer lawsuite against them.

The mortgage co. is in UT, I live in WA state. Help! Please!

HomeGuru

Our mortgage expert David Miller will respond. Please be patient as he has a very busy schedule and takes long sandwich breaks.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">